Wairarapa - Getting there
Published: 07/11/2012 by wairarapanz
Wairarapa is tucked amongst the Tararua and Rimutaka mountain ranges and the Pacific Ocean in the south eastern corner of the North Island.
- It’s just an hour from Palmerston North Airport, Wellington International Airport and inter-island ferry connections.
- A daily rail service links Wellington with the Wairarapa towns of Masterton, Carterton, Greytown and Featherston,connecting with local bus services to Martinborough. Trains depart at intervals throughout weekdays with a limited weekend service. Call Metlink for bus and train information on 0800 801 700.
- A new direct Air New Zealand service between Auckland and Masterton is now available - here is the schedule:
Masterton-Auckland 7.05am 8.20am Monday-Friday
Auckland-Masterton 6.30pm 7.45pm Sunday-Thursday
Auckland-Masterton 7.00pm 8.15pm Friday only
Masterton-Auckland 8.30pm 9.45pm Friday only
You can book online right now at www.airnewzealand.co.nz
- Scheduled InterCity coach services run from Palmerston North to
Masterton via Woodville.Check out the fare finder.
- Tranz Metro operates ‘special event services’ to some of Wairarapa’s major annual events.